Crookes and Jenkins Dental Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Our team at Crookes and Jenkins Dental is closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak and government policies.
The health and safety of all patients and staff is of highest importance and in response to the virus, we have implemented many preventive measures.
What are we doing about COVID-19?
- Increased personal protective equipment (PPE), including the use of standard level 2 surgical masks, eye protection and gloves;
- Increasing wipe downs of all surfaces with antibacterial wipes and other cleaning protocols;
- Antibacterial hand sanitiser available for both staff and patients;
- Constantly reminding staff and patients about new hygiene protocols.
Our team requests that any patients and staff that are deemed high-risk to the coronavirus disease, to please stay at home in isolation and take all precautionary measures.
We ask you to please reschedule your appointment, if you:
- Had recent contact with another person who has a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Have returned from overseas in the previous 14 days.
- Have any flu-like symptoms, including:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
Any of these apply to you? If so, please remain at home in isolation and avoid contact with other people.
Unfortunately, all non-essential services may close under the government’s orders, which means we will only be able to offer emergency dentistry services to our patients.
We will however offer dentistry consultations through Skype or Zoom Video Conferencing:
The team at Crookes and Jenkins Dental will provide patients with dental consultations through online communications. These online calls will be held on either Skype or Zoom and will allow our team to prepare your future dental treatments.
For further information or support during this time, please contact our friendly staff by clicking here, or by calling our clinic on (07) 3367 1122